Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Moving forward...

I think we've made the decision to move forward with the addition. But we will also be adding a pool. I love to swim and a pool is something Derek and I have always wanted. I taught swimming lessons when I was in college, so I will begin teaching our daughter as soon as we're home!

I am pretty excited about this. We are going pool shopping(looking) this weekend since that will have to happen before the addition because of the configuration of our backyard and proposed new room. We hope we will be able to enjoy our pool to be before the end of summer. It will just be a small pool, we don't have enough room for something big, but I am still pretty excited about it all.

It's also interesting to note that Derek and I agreed about all this pretty quickly. That just reinforces to me that we should do it. Obviously it's something we both value and would both enjoy.

Mom and Aunt Judy are coming home to SC tomorrow. We'll have a week before we leave for San Diego. They are also trying to finalize the sale of my Grandmother's house. So much going on right now! When it rains, it pours!

That's about it for today. Isn't that enough?

2 comments:

Moosevine said...

I'm so jealous! I've always loved the water. I do personal water training 3 times/wk. for an hour and it goes by so quickly (unlike land lubber activities for me)! I may have to sneak over & jump in! :)

Lindsey said...

I wish i had a pool at my house (sigh) it will come in handy when you get the baby!!