Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Fingerprinting time!

Our paperwork is really starting to come together! Derek just had his physical yesterday and Friday we travel to Charleston for fingerprinting. As soon as we get his doctor's letter, we will send it to our social worker and our homestudy will be ready to be submitted for approval. YAAAA! So, all we will be waiting on is the passports and the 171H (immigration approval to bring a foreign orphan into the US). If my estimates are correct, we should receive our 171H somewhere in late January. I will be so much more relieved when our dossier is in China and logged in. Right now I feel a keen sense of urgency to get everything finished and on its way. Our agency is saying that right now, the wait from log in to referral is 9-10 months. That means if we submit our dossier and it is logged in in February, then we would likely receive our referral in November or December next year with travel in December or January 2007. That seems so far away!! Of course, referrals could speed up after the first of the year, and that is what I am hoping for, although I realize that it will all happen when it is supposed to. (that's what my head is saying anyway- my heart wants her home NOW!)

I want so much to start buying clothes, toys, nursery stuff, etc., but my head keeps saying to slow down, that doing all that now will make the wait that much harder. But how much harder can it get? I had planned to officially start on the nursery once the new year was past, but doing so will mean we don't have a guest room, so I guess I better wait until we get closer to referral time. Literally all I have to do is buy a rocking chair and crib and paint an old chest of drawers, so it isn't like I've got all that much to do. I will probably drive Derek crazy in the next year. LOL, that's what husbands are for, right?

Well, I guess that's all I have to report for now. Everyone take care and I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooooh you are really getting closer to that DTC!!! I know the feeling about the nursery. Our LID is in June and we haven't done too much to the room yet. We plan to really get cracking next month. I would have preferred to wait a tad bit longer for the same reason.... will it be depressing walking by this empty nursery? I dunno.... but it could be a nice encouragement too. When I was pregnant with our son, I used to go in his room and rock in the rocking chair and just chill out and daydream... it was kind of like my sanctuary. Can't say that anymore... he's a 13 year old drummer! LOL