Monday, March 27, 2006

We're Waiting YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WooHOO! We were notified that our dossier was received in China on 3-20, so I guess we are officially waiting! It feels good to be at this point now, but frustrating too since we don't know how long of a wait we will have. I suppose it is an exercise in patience.

Derek and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Saturday. Wow. 11 years. The time has certainly flown by. Derek fished and I ran and had a 2 hour massage (HEAVEN!) and then we went to dinner at one of our favorites, a Japanese Steakhouse (Mimi's) and it was delicious. I am afraid the salty food however, hindered my weight watchers weigh in, I was only down .4, but it was so worth it!

I need help. Really. I can't stop shopping for our daughter, and I don't know how to stop! I haven't bought clothes, but books are fair game! Books are safe, books are one size fits all! Our daughter will have enough books to check them out to her friends. But that's ok, I figure, if you are going to spoil a child, it might as well be with books. So far my favorite is a Buoyton Board book, it is says " A cow says Moo. A sheep says Baa. Three dancing pigs say La La La. No no you say, that isn't right, the pigs all say oink oink all day and night....." Isn't that hysterical???

I have signed up for 2 different secret pal lists so I can feed my need to shop.

I've also made one blanket for our daughter, but it was a practice one. Those blanket bindings are tough to sew and get even!

The training for the marathon is going well. My long run to date is 12 miles, and this weekend I will tackle 14. I never thought I would be able to do this, but it is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! For a while there, I was having trouble with my legs, but I went to a store called Run In, and Jeff Milliman there hooked me up with some awesome Mizuno Wave Elixirs. Trust me, as soon as I put these puppies on, a lot of my pain went away. I am still having some residual issues, but I can tell it is getting better everyday. I ran pain free on Saturday, so I know that I am on the right track. Here is their website, http://www.runin.com check them out.

The fundraising is going well too. I am over half way there, but still need to raise about $1500. So keep those donations coming!

No comments: