Wednesday, July 29, 2009

stuff

A few things that I've ordered have come in over the past few days. First of all, our Ergo Sport Baby Carrier came this weekend. I'm dying to try it out, but the puppy dog just doesn't want to cooperate with me on that.
 
A few books also came in... Rosie's Adoption Story, I Don't Have Your Eyes, and Red Thread Journey; a Fairy Tale. So Cute!!
 
Tonight I am going to a large consignment sale at the local Catholic church. I went to this same sale back in January and bought so many cute spring and summer outfits. Yes, those same outfits that are now probably going to waste. Today starts the fall and winter sale, so I am going to stock up.
 
The good news is that I found out that anyone can be a consignor. You don't have to be a member of the church. So all those things I bought before... if they end up not being used, I can take them back and re-sell them in January. They tell you to price your item at 30% of the retail price. Then if it sells, you get 70% and the church gets 30%, for which you get a tax receipt for a donation. A friend of mine said she made over $700 at one of the sales!!! Woo Hoo!!! So, I feel much more inclined to do my shopping for fall and winter. I'll buy a few 6 month things, a lot of 9 month things, and a few 12 month things. That should cover the range I need.
 
I can't wait. I'll try to post pictures of any treasures that I find!!
 


Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web's latest sports videos. Check it out.

2 comments:

Jay and Kelly said...

You cracked me up about the puppy and the carrier. We were debating if we should torture our 21 lb cat.... aka fat boy. :o)

S.Wise said...

How funny! I guess all of us who are getting ready for referral are on the same page! :) I love my Ergo Sport Carrier. Guess I won't have a totally accurate picture of how comfy it is until we actually have a baby in there!!

We are sooooo close! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will bookmark you. Most likely we will be in China at the same time! :)